CNHLC is a partner in the HealthWorks Project, which aims to improve the health of BME communities in Kensington and Chelsea, Westminster, Hammersmith and Fulham.
Launched in April 2011, the HEALTHWORKS Project is a partnership of thirtheen BME organisations, led by the Dalgarno Trust. The organisations in the partnership will enable this project to have enormous reach into a wide range of BME communities, especially targeting the most disadvantaged individuals in the these 3 boroughs.
The HEALTHWORKS Project will:
- Enable individuals to access mainstream health services
- Enable individuals to improve their own health
- Increase preventative healthcare
- Offer volunteer opportunities and training as Health Champions
- Develop community capacity
The organisations in the partnership include:
- Midaye Somali Development Network
- African Refugee Project
- Persian Care Centre
- French African Welfare Association
- Healthier Life 4 You
- Chinese National Health Living Centre
- The Harrow Club
- The Venture Community Association
- Women Association for African Networking and Development
- Asian Muslim Women Association
- Iraqi Women’s League
- Ethiopian Women’s Empowerment Group
- St. Antonio's Women's Group
For information on the HEALTHWORKS Project, please call us on (020) 3802 0350.