A course for people with long-term health conditions or for carers.
- Sick and tired of feeling sick and tired?
- Do you have a long term health condition?
- Are you a carer?
- Would you like a healthier, less stressful life?
The Expert Patient Service might be for you!
Courses take place over six weeks with one half day or evening session each week.
The programme includes:
- Healthy lifestyle advice including diet and exercise
- Managing pain, fatigue and stress
- Better communication with family, friends and health professionals
- Meet other people in a friendly environment
- Learn new skills to have a healthier life
- Share your experiences and ideas
- Courses are free and run in local, accessible venues
The Expert Patient Service is open to people who:
- Live in Hammersmith & Fulham, Kensington & Chelsea or Westminster (or are registered with a GP in the area)
- Have a long-term health condition (eg. heart disease, diabetes, depression, asthma, cancer, or any other condition)
The Service is also open to carers living in the area.
What past participants have said about the course:
"Small, friendly group, very informative and enjoyable, I learned a lot. It improved my confidence and access to information, it’s all positive really."
"The course is fantastic; it’s good for people with long-term conditions. I did some exercise from the course book and it’s helped a lot. I also learnt some techniques to help me calm down when I’m feeling anxious."
For more information or to book a place, please contact:
Chinese National Healthy Living Centre
29-30 Soho Square
Tel: 020 7534 6546 (Mon - Thu)
More courses will be taking place in 2014 - please call to register your interest in future courses.