The CNHLC provided support and information for those caring for someone who is ill, frail or disabled. It offered a range of services and activities tailored to meet the specific needs of Chinese Carers.
Aims of the Chinese Carers Support Group:
- To provide support and information for Chinese carers in a culturally appropriate and understanding environment
- To raise awareness and influence policy on issues concerning Chinese carers
- To establish a national resource and become a centre of excellence
- To provide a safe and culturally sensitive environment for Chinese Carers to seek respite from their caring role
- To act as a focal point for Chinese Carers to meet and share their experiences and provide mutual support to one another
- A one-stop resource centre offering Chinese Carers advice and information on their rights and services that are available to them and assisting them to access these services
- To reduce the isolation experienced by Chinese Carers by providing them with a space to meet and support each other
- To provide training opportunities for Chinese Carers in meeting the needs of the people they care for
- To organise activities according to the needs of the Chinese Carers
- To empower Chinese Carers and to enable them to be represented on a consultative bodies
- To represent the interests of Chinese Carers on local and national organisations in order to impact upon policy and support services
This project was funded by the London Councils, with kind support from Carers London.