We believe that building partnerships is the key to success. We work closely with government departments, with statutory or voluntary sector organisations, and with community groups and individuals to develop services to meet the needs of the Chinese community in Britain.
We have formed strong working relationships with:
- Statutory organisations like the Department of Health, the Home Office, Food Standard Agency and several Primary Care and NHS trusts
- Health organisations, including Council for Healthcare Regulatory Excellence, National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence and Health Protection Agency
- Voluntary organisations like the British Heart Foundation, Macmillan Cancer Support, Age UK, GamCare and several regional/local voluntary action groups
- Universities in their research on issues affecting Chinese communities
- Frontline groups, providing services to the Chinese community
- Health professionals, including GPs, pharmacists, counsellors and social workers to help them provide a better service to their Chinese clients
CNHLC and the media
CNHLC is as a source of information for the media. We help newspaper, radio and television journalists spread our message to Chinese communities and to the whole of multi-cultural Britain and beyond. For example, TVBS-Europe, the Chinese satellite television channel, has broadcast programmes to the UK and Europe about cooking and eating Chinese food in a healthy and nutritious way.